Young Children’s Center for the Arts of Philadelphia, PA is offering an all-online music program to support early childhood development.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have developed a virtual Music program for preschool aged children.
Participation in our online music program is open to members of the YCCA Online program.
Music Program Description
YCCA Online Music Program is designed to develop learning and listening skills used in all learning situations, such as communication and concentration.
Through an understanding and appreciation of music your child’s world unfolds into a universe of possibilities including:
- Music fosters accomplishment were children feel satisfaction and self-confidence from the excitement of playing instruments or singing along
- Music gives pure pleasure, it will delight your child’s senses
- Music enhances the joy of learning
- Playing instruments and listening to others, develops social maturity
- Expressing individual needs and tastes in music, strengthens self-awareness and self-assertion
- Praise and group support build self-confidence, which is essential to a child’s growth
Music appreciation is for children from birth to 5 years of age, the time period most critical for musical development in the brain. Children are highly equipped with the capacity for strong auditory skills.
Classes are inclusive and we welcome all children, regardless of abilities or disabilities.